2. Tell me where you’d find the information for the recommended tyre pressures for this car and how tyre pressures should be checked.
Manufacturer's guide, use a reliable pressure gauge, check all wheels and adjust pressures when tyres are cold, don't forget spare tyre, remember to refit valve caps.
3. Tell me how you make sure your head restraint is correctly adjusted so it provides the best protection in the event of a crash.
The head restraint should be adjusted so the rigid part of the head restraint is at least as high as the eye or top of the ears, and as close to the back of the head as is comfortable. N.B. Some restraints might not be adjustable
5. Tell me how you’d check that the headlights and tail lights are working. You don’t need to exit the vehicle.
Operate switch by rotating twice clockwise (turn on ignition), then walk round vehicle. (As this is a "Tell Me" question, there is no need to physically check the lights.)
Remember to switch it back to auto after.
.9. Tell me how you’d check the power-assisted steering is working before starting a journey.
a. Turn steering wheel and it will fill hard to turn, start engine then repeat and the steering wheel will be easier to turn if power assisted steering is working correctly.
b. Gentle pressure on the steering wheel, maintained while the engine is started, should result in a slight but noticeable movement as the system begins to operate.
c. Turning the steering wheel just after moving off will give an immediate indication that the power assistance is functioning.
10. Tell me how you’d switch on the rear fog light(s) and explain when you’d use it/them. You don’t need to exit the vehicle.
Operate switch (turn on dipped headlights and ignition) press the top button for the rear and bottom button for the front. Check warning light is on and explain that when visability is less than 100m you need to switch fog lights on.
11. Tell me how you switch your headlight from dipped to main beam and explain how you’d know the main beam is on.
Turn on dipped head lights to manual position and operate stalk by pushing stalk away from steering wheel (with ignition or engine on), check main beam warning light (blue) is on in front of you on instrument cluster. Turn off by pulling towards steering wheel and return head lights switch to auto and switch ignition/engine off.
13. Open the bonnet and tell me how you’d check that the engine has sufficient engine coolant.
Identify high/low level markings on header tank where fitted or radiator filler cap, and describe how to top up to correct level. This is done by filling the tank with a solution of antifreeze and water up to the max mark. The tank is on the front right. The larger one.
DRIVING LESSONS AVAILABLE
Mon - Fri
08:00 - 21:00
Sat and Sun
and Bank Holidays
Please call upto 9pm weekdays, anytime weekends.
Follow this link to discover free downloads and usefull information.